This cookie recipe is just amazing! I usually make it when I want to put a smile on my kids and my husband’s face or when I know they will do a lot of outdoor activities because these cookies have quite a bit of butter!
- 1 ¼ cups (375 ml) butter (room temperature)
- 1 cup (250 ml) brown sugar
- 1 cup (250 ml) granulated sugar (or cane sugar)
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups (500 ml) flour
- 2 cups (500 ml) Rice Krispies
- 2 cups (500 ml) oats
- 1 ½ cups (375 ml) chocolate chips (or raisins)
- ½ of chopped pecan (optional)
- 1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 350F (180C)
- Mix together butter, sugars, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl until well blended.
- Add flour, baking powder, baking soda, salt, oat, Rice Krispies, chocolate chips, pecans and stir.
- Drop batter, flatten, bake for 8-10 minutes or when golden
- If you have a friend that’s upset at you, it’s a great way to make peace :)
*This recipe is from Planet Coffee on York street in Ottawa, Canada. I found this recipe in the book Food superstars, Must-shop Coffee shops.