This is a recipe that my aunt Josée use to make every Holiday season. Unfortunately,she passed away but I am continuing the tradition. I’ve been making it for years and every time I serve it, it’s a hit. The only problem with these bouchées is that you can’t stop at one.
What you need :
- 1 cup of Gruyère cheese
- 1 cup of mild cheddar cheese
- ½ cup of white wine
- 6 chopped big mushrooms
- 2 cups of minced bacon
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 egg
- 1 box of round Melba toast
Preheat the oven at 350
- In a large pan, sauté the bacon then add the onion and the mushrooms.Once it’s well cooked, take off the stove and let the mixture cool down for a few minutes.
- Add the egg and make sure to blend thoroughly with the ingredients. .
- Place the pan back on the stove ( at medium) and add the wine. Let it evaporate a bit then add the 2 cups of cheese and stir until cheese is melted .
- At this point you can freeze the mixture or serve it.
On a baking sheet, drop the mix on Melba toasts.
Bake for 10-15 minutes at 350 or until the cheese is just a bit golden.