This is a great recipe when you have ripped bananas you are about to throw out.
½ cup of butter
1 cup of sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon of soda
1/2 teaspoon of baking powder
1/2 teaspoon of salt
1/4 teaspoon of nutmeg
½ cup of ripe bananas, mashed
¼ cup of milk
1 teaspoon of vinegar
½ cup of pure semi-sweet chocolate chips (optional)
- In a large bowl, cream together the eggs, butter, sugar and vanilla until mixture is light and fluffy.
- In another bowl, combine flour, soda, salt, baking powder and nutmeg.
- Mix the milk and vinegar together, crush the bananas and add them to the milk.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to batter alternating with the milk until smooth. Add the chocolate chips at the end.
- Pour into a greased (13-in. x 9-in.) baking pan. Bake at 325F° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.