The other day, the Bon Matin team and I went to Nautilus Plus to spread some joy in the form of free bread. Many of the members were surprised to learn that Seed Lovers bread not only contains no artificial flavours or colours, but is also fat‑free and has no added sugar!
I also realized that running on the treadmill with a loaf of bread in my hands wasn’t such a great idea! Watch the video to see what I mean.
While at Nautilus Plus, I realized that people take nutrition and healthy eating seriously. With that in mind, here is a recipe—approved by Alyssa Fontaine, nutritionist at Nautilus Plus—that I love to make with Seed Lovers bread.
“It’s important to eat your breakfast,” my mother told me repeatedly, back when I was a teenager with a tendency to skip the first meal of the day. Over the years, I’ve developed the habit of eating in the morning and preparing a variety of breakfast options. One of my favourites is inspired by a Catalan breakfast made with fresh tomatoes, olive oil, and sometimes garlic (I know, I know—who eats garlic first thing in the morning?!).
Pan con tomate breakfast
- Toast the bread in a cast‑iron skillet, under the broiler, or in the toaster until well browned. Bon Matin bread is cut in thick slices, so you can toast it like a baguette!
- Rub each slice with half a clove of garlic, taking care not to tear the bread.
- Top with tomato.
- Drizzle with olive oil and add a pinch of fleur de sel.
- Sprinkle with lemon zest (optional).
- Serve with avocado slices or a hard‑boiled egg on the side.
- Eat at once!
Check out these other recipes approved by Alyssa Fontaine, P.Dt at Nautilus Plus:
#Bonmatintoutlemonde and bon appétit!