By this (very) cold season, we are most prone to catching colds, flu, etc. We unfortunately can’t spend all winter in Florida, but we can put luck on our side, by incorporating these ingredients to our diets to boost our immune system and up our defenses
- Mango: It's a great source of Vitamin C and its antioxidant properties protect cells of the body from damage cause by free radicals.
- Orange: A good source of vitamin C, helping the body develop resistance against infections
- Lemon: Increases circulation and promotes alkalinity
- Ginger: Boosts immune function
- Turmeric: Decreases inflammation, helps the immune system to fight bacteria and viruses
- Cayenne: Alleviates congestion
Immunity Fruit Salad
- Peel and dice a mango and an orange
- Squeeze half the juice of an orange and grate into it a teaspoon of lemon zest and a teaspoon of fresh ginger (you can add a tablespoon of honey for extra sweetness)
- Pour the sauce over the fruits and joy your delicious immunity fruit salad !
- Boil for 10 minutes 1L of water with 1 tablespoon of grated ginger and 1 teaspoon of grated turmeric.
- Strain the mixture through a sieve and pour into a cup with a slice of lemon (you can add a tablespoon of honey for extra sweetness)
- The rest of the mixture can be kept in the refrigerator in a Mason jar for up to a week. Just reheat the amount you want to drink.
For more info, you can check Tiffany Catlouf's website, www.glowcleanse.com